Team LeaderVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: circa £30,000 depending on experience
Job ref. no.: TL-RTE
Macphie is a leading family-owned company with over 80 years’ experience and success of developing and manufacturing premium quality food ingredients and solutions, underpinned by a real passion for food and innovation.
We currently have a vacancy for a full time Production Team Leader based at Glenbervie.
We are looking for a motivated and resourceful individual who has a positive “can do” attitude with a willingness to enhance their own and their team’s development and drive high standards and continuous improvement. You should possess strong leadership skills and have the ability to communicate clearly, and effectively engage with your team. You should also have the ability and drive to take control of any situation as well as being confident to challenge the status quo.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team to ensure the most effective use of resources to complete the daily/weekly production plan ensuring targets are met. You will be responsible for achieving department KPI’s and objectives and contributing to the overall business strategy. You will lead by example with the ability to inspire, motivate, mentor and encourage your team to facilitate maximum performance.
You will also be responsible for compliance with health and safety procedures and maintaining rigorous food safety, hygiene and quality standards at all times.
Previous experience of managing teams and working in a manufacturing environment is essential, as well as the following:-
- Sound knowledge of planning, manufacturing, processes and packaging techniques
- Implementing Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques to deliver sustained improvement
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
- Open minded proactive approach to managing and developing your team as well as a positive approach to driving standards and change
- Experience in high care food hygiene standards
- High standards of written and verbal communication skills
- PC literate
Shift working may be required. Macphie offers a competitive salary package with excellent benefits
To apply for this opportunity please follow the S1 jobs applications process
Close date: 28th October 2016
|Contact Name||Ezlin Yusoff|
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist