Production SupervisorVacancy posted: Wednesday, 5 October 2016
Salary: úCompetitive Salary & Benefits Dependent on Qualification and Experience
Location: Ayrshire North
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: Chem0011
Chemring Energetics UK is a global business providing a range of equipment based on energetic materials for defence, civil defence and key commercial customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Devices & Chemicals Business Unit to supervise day-to-day operations within the production area to ensure product is produced safely, to the correct quality and on time in order to meet the production plan.
Key Accountabilities & Duties:
- Ensure all activities within the job holder’s control are undertaken in full compliance with H&SE legislation and Company and local procedures and policies and to report any unsafe acts or unsafe conditions observed (using the Near Miss system) in accordance with your responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of all production personnel within the allocated work area and ensure that adequate resources are deployed in order to meet the production plan.
- Report on labour efficiency, material efficiency and utilisation performance to unit staff and Production Manager.
- Monitor production to ensure products are manufacturing, packed, labelled, stored and dispatched having met the correct quality specification and customer requirements.
- Ensure completion of works orders and release papers on the business system in line with production schedule.
- Ensure Unit Leader and Operators maintain the highest standard of housekeeping of the unit.
- Ensure processes operate in accordance with the approved method of manufacture and quality plan.
- Monitor product quality and report issues to Production Manager.
- Report to the Production Manager any needs for ongoing or additional training necessary to maintain/improve the efficiency of the operations within the Department.
- Ensure that hazardous waste is minimised, appropriately stored and disposed of in a timely and complaint manner.
- Ensure that all buildings and equipment used in the Department are maintained to ensure safe working conditions.
- Issue Permits to Work and Fire Permits as required.
- Raise, monitor and close NCR’s as required within their areas of responsibility.
- Raise and receipt requisitions within the EPICOR system as required.
- Ensure plant is made safe for maintenance.
- Ensure timely recording of all plant maintenance status and report back to all relevant parties.
- Prioritise unit maintenance requirements in order to meet production targets.
- Assist the Unit Leader when required in the preparation of paperwork to ensure Department records are accurate and up to date.
- Promote continuous improvement within the unit.
- Play an active part in the introduction of new products into the plant, process improvement teams and development activities.
- Support the Production Manager and Manufacturing Engineers in the development of Operating Instructions, Risk Assessments and Audits.
- Encourage and involve participation from different levels of expertise and skill bases.
- Promote energy management within the Department.
- Be responsible for the HR aspects of production staff in matters relating to the day-to-day operation of the Department, e.g. absence monitoring, performance management, disciplinary issues.
- Encourage practice and promote communication within the unit, e.g. Toolbox Talks, Plant Logs, Shift Handover discussions.
- Cascade all information on H&SE, production requirements, plant status and general issues to all relevant personnel.
- Deputise for the Production Manager as required.
- Possess a NEBOSH certificate
- Have 5 years relative & related experience in production/manufacturing environment
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Possess drive, enthusiasm and have the ability to work under pressure
- Motivational Skills
- Conflict Management
- Organisation skills
- Have experience in a supervisory position
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- Hold an HNC in related discipline
If you have the necessary skills and experience for the position of Production Supervisor then we would love to hear from you. Please apply by submitting your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
***STRICTLY NO AGENCIES***
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist