Warehouse Supervisor (Relief)Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £12.66 per hour - progressing to £15.50 per hour after training period
Closing date: 25 October 2016
38 hours per week
Monday - Thursday 7.45am - 4.30pm
Friday 7.45am - 1.00pm
A permanent Relief Warehouse Supervisor role has become available within our Glenrothes Warehousing Operations team. The successful candidate will report to our Distillery Manager
The role of Relief Warehouse Supervisor involves working to tight deadlines in a team environment and encompasses all aspects of warehouse operations, including supervisory duties of the team. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Organising day-to-day activities of the warehouse team
- Responsibility for daily warehouse security
- Supervision of contractors whilst on warehouse sites
- Liaison with warehouse operations manager, warehouse operators, and other company personnel as required
- Stock control of empty and full casks and associated materials
- Undertake all warehouse operator’s duties as necessary
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
- Adopting new technology and implement and use where required, e.g. data logging, hand held terminals, bar coding & PC operation
- Training other operators to defined roles
- Ensuring all aspects of operational systems and procedures are complied with
- Involvement in the design of operational systems and procedures
- Deciding on action to be taken in the event of day to day warehouse operational problems
- To be aware of and contribute to the reduction of warehousing costs
- Silver incident responder
The successful applicant should ideally have previous experience gained within a warehousing environment and have a proven track record in supervising teams.
To be considered for the role you will be team focussed, have a real ‘can-do’ attitude and have excellent attention to detail. The ability to take direction and work with limited supervision is also a pre requisite.
Applicants should submit an up to date CV and covering letter, detailing current salary.
|Contact Name||Recruitment Team|
|Telephone||0141 940 4000|
|Address||2500 Great Western Road
About The Edrington Group (distillers)
Edrington makes some of the world's best-loved Scotch whiskies, including The Macallan, The Famous Grouse, Cutty Sark and Highland Park. The portfolio is complemented by Brugal, the leading golden rum in the Caribbean,
and by Snow Leopard vodka.
Edrington is headquartered in Scotland but international in its composition, with over 60% of staff based overseas it has its focus firmly on the opportunities for international development of its premium spirits brands.
With its unique ownership, envied brands, and enterprising workforce, Edrington continues to be a distinctive, independent force in international premium spirits.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist