Graduate Trainee Manager - LivingstonVacancy posted: Friday, 30 September 2016
Salary: £38,570 per annum
This comprehensive and intensive training programme covers all aspects of retail management, from store operations to logistics, property to supply chain and various departments in the Regional Office. You can expect outstanding support with training designed to maximise your potential. This is a fantastic opportunity if you are an ambitious and talented graduate aiming to get right to the heart of how a retail business operates.
Making sure a group of Lidl stores operates efficiently and generates maximum turnover is a big, big responsibility, so we make no apology for being highly selective in choosing the right person to start with. After a few years of commitment, dedication and flexibility, you will be in pole position to take on a permanent management role and really kick start your career with us
What will you do?
- Degree educated with a few years of full time work experience where you are responsible for managing people, projects or hold a similar level of responsibility
- Strong customer focus – able to see the shopping experience through the customers’ eyes
- Ability to communicate with clarity and honesty, adapting your style for different people such as employees, customers, colleagues and suppliers
- An enabling leadership style – able to develop others and lead by example
- Methodical approach, excellent time management skills and ability to ‘work smart’
- Ability to analyse a problem and implement the best possible solution
- Proactive, flexible approach and ability to take the initiative
- Strategic awareness to see the bigger picture
- Drive, motivation and willingness to challenge yourself
- You must hold a valid full UK Driving Licence
What will you need?
- Develop, coach and inspire your team to fulfil their potential and ensure stores run smoothly and efficiently
- Manage all key cost control areas with your stores and provide direction to your management team to enable them to meet their KPI targets
- Problem solve on the spot and use your initiative to maintain great standards throughout
- Strive to create, retain and develop a strong and motivated management team
- Lead by example and encourage your store teams to always be the best they can be
- Drive sales and increase turnover in stores by making full use of promotional tools
- Identify personnel requirements through succession planning and develop high potential employees
- Provide HR management in all of your stores following company guidelines and procedures
- Recruit new employees and manage their expectations/training, as well as that of existing employees
- Ensure high standards of cleanliness, freshness, stock availability and customer service throughout your stores
- Maximise your own KPI targets to ensure deadlines and agreed standards are achieved
What do we offer?
- £38,570 per annum
- Fully expensed company car including personal fuel
- 35 days’ holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
As one of the UK's retail success stories, Lidl is a phenomenon. Pioneering a keep-it-simple approach has helped us achieve significant international success. This is big business. With operations in 27 countries, Lidl has more than 10,000 stores and 135 retail distribution centres. This includes more than 630 stores in the UK alone, and there's an impressive schedule of new store and warehouse openings planned for the next few years.Company profile View all jobs with LIDL UK
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Customer Assistant - Part Time - Port Glasgow - ScotlandLIDL UK, port-glasgow
- Cleaner (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Graduate Intern PlacementsRenfrewshire Council, renfrewshire
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist