General AssistantVacancy posted: Monday, 10 October 2016
Closing date: 04 November 2016
General Assistant – 18 years and over
So, as a General Assistant, you'll have no trouble making our customers feel special too. Working in one of our departments your day will be filled with a variety of interesting tasks, from checking stock and keeping records to looking after health & safety and food hygiene. Our customers will be your main focus, and everything you do will be with their shopping experience in mind. If they're happy, then we're happy - and that's what Booths is all about. You don't need retail experience to join our family. But you do need to be the kind of warm, friendly person who can shine in front of our customers and fit comfortably into a hard working close team.
We have a variety of positions available across the store and will include shift patterns that require 06:00 am starts and/or 00:00 midnight finishes therefore we are only able to consider applications from individuals aged 18 years and over.
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that customers are served in an efficient, friendly and polite manner
- Professionally dealing with all our customer enquiries
- Ensuring that goods are displayed to company standards
- Taking part in quarterly stock takes
- Maintaining all required records accurately
- Ensuring that goods are rotated and handled with care to minimise damages
- Complying fully with food hygiene and health and safety requirements at all times
- Helping the store build a strong relationship with the local community
You need to show us that you have the following:
1. Knowledge of Booths (essential)
2. Knowledge of the retail trade (desirable)
3. Ability to communicate clearly and confidently (essential)
4. Ability to organise and prioritise work effectively (essential)
5. Ability to serve customers in a friendly, polite and approachable manner (essential)
6. Ability to demonstrate a flexible attitude to work, and working hours (essential)
7. Experience of working in a retail environment (desirable)
8. Experience of working in food retail (desirable)
9. Experience of working in a team situation (essential)
10. Experience or working in a customer service environment (desirable)
GCSE Maths & English grades A-C or equivalent (desirable)
Basic Food Hygiene certificate (desirable)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
- Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Administrative AssistantThe Educational Institute of Scotland, edinburgh
- Stock AssistantAldi, glasgow
- Customer Service Advisor (Part Or Full Time) - Home BasedSensee, can-be-based-anywhere
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist