Vacancy posted: Thursday, 22 Mar 2012
Optical Express is one of the World's leading providers of laser eye surgery. Here at Optical Express we see things differently; through our unique products and services, through our staff and through the eyes of our customers and patients.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our business at a really exciting time. We are currently expanding in Europe, internationally and in the UK.
We require an Assistant Store Manager / Interim Manager to join our expanding retail business based in our Greenock Store.
You will be responsible for the operational efficiency of the store to exceed sales targets and deliver on a wide range of key performance indicators. A key part of your role will be developing your team to ensure excellent customer service and sales focus, while maintaining the highest retail standards. This is an operational role with accountability for achieving profit contribution, sales, productivity and performance targets through effective planning and managing of resources to deliver key business objectives.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To ensure all customers entering the store are approached within five feet and five seconds
- To help achieve market share growth and to meet or exceed sales contribution target for the store within agreed budgets and time scales through identifying opportunities and maximizing profitability performance of the store
- To fully implement promotional plans and to promote products and services within the store according to agreed national or local campaign briefs and activities and adhering to Company procedures. To effectively drive sales of these products and services using effective planning and monitoring
- To ensure staff promote the benefits of laser eye surgery and private dentistry to all customers with passion and enthusiasm
- To ensure that the levels of professionalism, customer care, product knowledge and selling skills of all staff within the store meet or exceed the Company standard in order to sell effectively and meet customer needs
- To effectively and efficiently manage resources (staff / products) to meet customer demands and peak times of trading
- To minimize the occurrence of customer complaints through improved customer care and quality of service. To resolve any complaints quickly, efficiently and professionally and to retain customer loyalty
- To ensure that at all times the store is presentable to the patient to the highest standards of tidiness and cleanliness and promotes the professional image of Optical Express. This includes ensuring a well maintained customer record system
- To recruit, induct, develop (through coaching and training) and motivate the team working within the store and to implement activities to ensure that all staff within the practice meet the acceptable levels of knowledge and competence
- To help develop effective team working between the professional, clinical and retail associates
- Sound Optical experience
- Retail management or team leader experience
- A proven track record of developing a team through performance management
- A real passion for Optical Retailing, with a strong desire to exceed customer expectations
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Resilience and determination to succeed in a high pressure environment
Job Reference: 2718