Assistant Store Manager - Full-time - Motherwell - ScotlandVacancy posted: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Salary: £24,360 with the potential to earn up to £32,480
If you have a fresh outlook, customer focus and the appetite for a fresh challenge matched by the desire to learn and succeed, then this is the opportunity for you. Our structured training will give you responsibility from day one, and help develop your commercial know-how through hands on operational experience.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete 3 psychometric tests, including a work-behaviour questionnaire, a numerical reasoning test and a verbal reasoning test. The application process as a whole should take you 30-45 minutes.
The interview process is a two to three stage process consisting of a group interview, an assessment centre and possible final interview. The assessment centre consists of:
- Structured interview
- Group exercise
- Role play exercise
What will you do?
- Support the Store Manager and team in all aspects of your store’s day-to-day operations
- Champion our freshness and stock rotation principles
- Lead, support and motivate the store team to hit performance targets and maintain our exceptional standards of customer service
- Help the Store Manager with certain Human Resources activities such as training and development
- Ensure our customers always get what they come for, whether it’s through effective ordering, stock management or something equally important
- Be responsible for managing cash and other daily administrative tasks
- Ensure the store is clean, both on the shop floor and behind the scenes
- Keep the store clear and ensure any potential hazards are dealt with quickly and efficiently
What will you need?
- A practical, hands-on approach
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to motivate and support the development of the whole store team
- The willingness to go the extra mile for our customers
- Excellent people skills
- A high degree of professionalism, especially when handling difficult situations
- A proactive approach to solving problems, and the ability to deal with any issue
- The flexibility to work varying shift patterns
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, varied environment, hitting targets and meeting deadlines
- Preferably, previous retail management experience
What do we offer?
- £24,360 with the potential to earn up to £32,480
- 30 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays), rising to 35 days after 2 years
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and progression to Store Manager level (and beyond!)
As one of the UK's retail success stories, Lidl is a phenomenon. Pioneering a keep-it-simple approach has helped us achieve significant international success. This is big business. With operations in 27 countries, Lidl has more than 10,000 stores and 135 retail distribution centres. This includes more than 630 stores in the UK alone, and there's an impressive schedule of new store and warehouse openings planned for the next few years.Company profile View all jobs with LIDL UK
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Administrative AssistantThe Educational Institute of Scotland, edinburgh
- Stock AssistantAldi, glasgow
- Customer Service Advisor (Part Or Full Time) - Home BasedSensee, can-be-based-anywhere
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist