Store Manager - Full Time - New Stevenston - ScotlandVacancy posted: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Salary: £37,000 with the potential to earn up to £50,000
Location: New Stevenston
It takes a special talent to implement and run a new concept Lidl store. So we are looking for experienced people with the go-for-it, do-it-better, do-it-faster attitude – business-savvy, team-inspiring, strategic-thinking, KPI-achieving people who can ensure we deliver great customer service and make our supermarket the best in the area. We’re asking for a lot, but we’re giving a lot back, with a highly competitive package and every opportunity to develop your management abilities in a keep-it-simple, fast-growing, retail-changing business.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete 3 psychometric tests, including a work-behaviour questionnaire, a numerical reasoning test and a verbal reasoning test. The application process as a whole should take you 30-45 minutes.
The interview process is a two to three stage process consisting of a group interview, an assessment centre and possible final interview. The assessment centre consists of:
- Structured interview
- Group exercise
- Role play exercise
What will you do?
- Implementing customer service, cleanliness, freshness, availability and ‘work smart’ principles
- Ensuring customers can always buy what they came in for or similar
- Ensuring what you are selling is super fresh and top quality
- Dealing with customer queries and refunds
- Motivating employees and creating a results-focused working environment
- Managing induction, basic and development training for all store employees and carrying out appraisals
- Leading store meetings
- Planning rotas and annual leave
- Planning turnover and productivity
- Analysing and improving KPIs
- Cash control for the store
- Ensuring trading compliance standards are met
What will you need?
- Exceptional leadership skills gained in retailing or other relevant area
- Ability to understand and interpret KPIs and use initiative to ensure they are always met
- Strong customer service ethic
- Ability to motivate and develop team members
- Adapt management skills to ensure everyone is on the same page
- Results-orientated attitude
- Excellent conflict management and communication skills
What do we offer?
- £37,000 with the potential to earn up to £50,000
- (47.5 hour working week over 5 days)
- Fully expensed company car including personal fuel
- 30 days’ holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays) rising to 35 days after 2 years’ service
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and potential progression to Area Manager level (and beyond!)
As one of the UK's retail success stories, Lidl is a phenomenon. Pioneering a keep-it-simple approach has helped us achieve significant international success. This is big business. With operations in 27 countries, Lidl has more than 10,000 stores and 135 retail distribution centres. This includes more than 630 stores in the UK alone, and there's an impressive schedule of new store and warehouse openings planned for the next few years.Company profile View all jobs with LIDL UK
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist