Commercial Business Assurance AdvisorVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 (depending on experience)
Closing date: 13 November 2016
Here at Spark, we do things differently. We’re the leading energy supplier for tenants and we work with some of the UK’s top letting agents to make household gas and electricity as simple as it can be.
We started out in 2007 as a small but promising start-up company. Our background was in the letting industry and we started Spark to fill a gap in the utility market to meet the needs of letting agents, landlords and tenants.
Today we have a turnover of c£120m and over 300 staff based at our offices in Selkirk in the Scottish Borders.
We’ve been named as the fastest growing company in Scotland and 23rd fastest growing in the UK by the Sunday Times FastTrack 100 and on top of that, the Telegraph have included us in their list of 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain for the second year in a row.
At Spark, our values are at the centre of everything we do. The working environment is VIBRANT and we encourage everyone to be ASPIRING, IMAGINATIVE and ENTERPRISING in everything they do, to give all our customers the experience they deserve.
Needless to say we can’t achieve any of this without a strong programme of training and development. That’s why around 90% of our team told us in a recent survey that they’re much more skilled than when they joined us. Whichever role you join us in, you can be sure that we’ll take your personal development very seriously.
If you think you share our values and if you’d like to build your career in a fun, fast-paced business where what you do, how you do it and your opinions all make a difference – then get in touch. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this key role, which will involve occasional travel, is to:
- Drive the compliance strategy within Sales and Commercial i.e. to strengthen the first line of defence.
- Manage a risk based business assurance audit programme to monitor performance against all our regulatory and legal obligations within Sales and Commercial.
- Ensure that Sales and Commercial processes are managed appropriately to mitigate risk.
- Lead business assurance activities within the Commercial Department
- Work closely with the Business Assurance Co-ordinator to pro-actively identify risks, undertake reviews and create appropriate action plans to manage those risks.
- Establish an effective control framework within the guidelines provided by the Leadership Team.
- Maintain all key and critical process control documents to the required standard.
- Seek out opportunities to continuously improve processes in the Commercial Department.
- Support Business Assurance activities throughout the wider team.
- Engage proactively on all compliance related initiatives.
- Coach colleagues on risk and compliance related issues.
Knowledge & Experience
- Ability to manage / prioritise own workload
- Well-developed negotiation skills with proven ability to deliver
- Experience of coaching
- IT skills e.g. Microsoft office
- Strong people skills
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Confident at presenting to colleagues at all levels
- Excellent communication skills, especially in relation to report writing
- Able to work to tight deadlines and handle number of simultaneous projects
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Internal audit experience
- ISO experience
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist