Vacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Operations / Sales Executive Stirling £Starting salary depending on experience and ability: Between £23’500 - £25’000pa
Operations / Sales Executive
Topstaff Employment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Air Freight Sales Executive to join a specialist Logistic/Air Freight Company located in Stirling.
The role will involve processing specialist Air Freight Export and Air Freight Import shipments for a range of clients, and have an interest in office based sales activities.
Main Duties will include:
- Develop and maintain business via telephone
- Follow up on sales leads (domestic and international)
- Responds to general customer queries and issues
- Deal with overseas requests for rates from agents and overseas offices
- Prepare quotes for import, export, air and ocean freight
- Build, update and maintain the database with current rates
- Maintain and achieve prospect data base from different sources
- Promote new/maintain current business via telesales including cold calling and follow up on sales leads
- Prepare quotations/rate requests to internal and external customers
In addition to the above you will also be required to assist with general administration and operational duties to include:
- Entering job information on to company computer system,
- Booking shipments with air / shipping lines.
- Monitor & Update vessel/flight, arrival dates.
- Monitor & Update Proof of Delivery information to database
- Liaising with Airlines, Shipping Lines, Agents & other parties to ensure information is up to date & correct.
- Any Cross Trade movements the company undertakes for its clients
- Liaising with agents and customers regarding shipment status.
- Answering of phone calls, emails & other communications in a polite & efficient manner
09:00 – 18:00 Monday to Friday
Job Reference: BMC256
Closing Date: 23 October 2016
Topstaff Offers The Services Of An Employment Agency For Permanent Work and An Employment business For Temporary Work.