Sales & Events ExecutiveVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £21,220 - £23,879 p.a.
Closing date: 01 November 2016
Job ref. no.: SERV00542
The Commercial and Accommodation Services Directorate at the University of Stirling operates under the banner of Stirling Venues. Stirling Venues is looking for a dynamic and driven Sales and Events Executive to join their expanding commercial team. This wide-ranging role includes generating sales leads for the on-site hotel, guest accommodation and conference facilities, working with a variety of internal and external customers and ensuring events are delivered to an exceptional standard.
Description of Duties
- Responsibility for proactively researching and targeting new business prospects from a range of sectors, generating sales enquiries, arranging meetings and securing sales.
- Prepare and plan in advance for all sales appointments including research where required.
- Co-ordinate and lead customer showrounds/familiarisation visits with the aim of achieving confirmed business.
- Negotiation with customers to ensure our business aims are met and customer objectives are delivered.
- Ensure that sales targets are achieved by reacting to all enquiries using a professional, timely and efficient approach to maximise the conversion of enquiries to confirmed bookings.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships via the maximisation of customer liaison/contact to ensure customer objectives and service needs are met and delivered to the highest standard.
- Ensure event proposals are prepared and presented to a high standard in a timely and accurate manner.
- Negotiate on price, costs and service delivery to ensure best possible results for both customer and organisation.
- Efficient and accurate processing of bookings via reservation system.
- Generation of accurate, detailed and timely information, documentation, quotes and contracts.
- Liaise between service providers, other departments and the customers to provide the service most suitable to the customer needs, budget and time restraints.
- Co-ordination of events from initial enquiry through to post event after sales call.
- Be responsible for administration procedures in relation to sales and in particular strict control of payment procedures and records in respect of all financial transactions (including invoices) in relation to each event.
- Ensure compliance with standard operating procedures in respect of all administration and delivery of events.
- Attend team meetings on a regular basis ensuring an active contribution to best practice in respect of commercial activity.
- On occasions attend exhibitions and promotional events in respect of securing new and future business.
- Prepare management information as directed by senior management within the Directorate.
- Assist in the preparation of sales and marketing and business development strategies.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of products, facilities and services available to prospective customers.
- Maintain good and accurate knowledge of the University’s Commercial portfolio
- Carry out any other reasonable request by senior management
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent. Where no formal qualifications are held, a minimum of 3 years working within a sales environment in the hospitality/tourism sector.
- Minimum of 1 years experience of front line working within customer facing environment and ability to deliver first class customer service.
- Experience and competence in using a variety of IT systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Superb communication and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work and communicate to the highest standards and to follow established procedures.
- Ability to manage time effectively, meet deadlines and priorise workloads.
- Proactive, can do approach.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist