Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 2 Oct 2012
Hydrafact Ltd Lab Technician Edinburgh £18 - £24k dependent on experience
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Laboratory Technician to join Hydrafact, a leading Oil & Gas consultancy company based in Edinburgh.
Hydrafact is a knowledge-based company offering a comprehensive range of technical and scientific services in the fields of hydrates, flow assurance, PVT, phase behaviour and properties of reservoir fluids. Areas of activity include training, consultancy, software development and the manufacture & supply of laboratory test equipment.
The company is currently experiencing a period of growth and as part of this they require the services of an experienced Laboratory Technician to work in their state-of-the-art facility.
Main Purpose of Role:
Conducting experiments in the laboratory to support Senior Consultants and Flow Assurance Engineers.
If you are interested in applying for the position you should have the following skills and experience:
- Conducting experiments under the supervision of Senior staff
- Preparing both gas and liquid samples according to project requirements
- Experimental data handling
- Analysing data and reporting results to Project Managers
- Ordering all provisions including chemicals, gas, equipment and tools
- Preparing safety procedures and risk assessments for new project activities
- General laboratory housekeeping/maintenance including small repairs to apparatus/equipment
- Conducting duties in timely manner in order to meet project deadlines
- Ensuring all experiments are conducted within the company’s Health & Safety procedures
- Training new staff members
- Ensuring the company meets and exceeds requirements for regulatory monitoring
- Qualified to at least HNC or equivalent in chemistry
- Working in a laboratory environment conducting experiments, preferably with experience using high pressure equipment
- Previous experience in oil and gas industry desirable
- Analysing/presenting results using Microsoft office
- Labview experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
To apply for this position, send you CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19-Oct-2012
About Hydrafact Ltd
Hydrafact is a knowledge-based oil and gas company offering a comprehensive range of technical and scientific services in the fields of gas hydrates, flow assurance, PVT, phase behaviour and properties of reservoir fluids. Areas of activity include consultancy, software sales & development, manufacture & supply of oilfield analysing equipment and training.