Assay Development ScientistVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Closing date: 25 October 2016
Job ref. no.: JDR37109
Assay Development Scientist
Eden Scott's client is a young and energetic company developing revolutionary and flexible assay platform technologies that will transform In Vitro Diagnostic testing and provide next generation healthcare.
They have a purpose built facility in Stirling and are looking to make the new appointment of an Assay Development Scientist who can make a significant contribution to the continued growth and success of their company.
Working as part of the assay development team, you will develop diagnostic assays for use in our client's assay platform. You will design and execute appropriate experiments for the purpose of assessing and improving the assay to meet the necessary performance, stability and cost requirements, in addition to analysing experimental data generated and making the appropriate scientific conclusions. You will also be expected to suggest improvements to the experimental design if required, and help less experienced members of the assay development team to carry out experiments effectively.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of factors which drive assay performance (including sensitivity, range, stability, reproducibility and precision).
- High level of skills in problem solving and innovation.
- Knowledge of diagnostic immunoassay technology.
- Knowledge of fluorescent detection methods.
- Ability to write clear and concise protocols for complex assay methodologies.
- Ability to follow a protocol precisely and offer recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to identify and investigate non-conformances.
- Ensure laboratory books and other records are accurate and timely.
- Computer literacy and data analysis skills.
- Experience of using particle-based immunoassays
- Understanding of factors important to reagent stability, non-specific binding, batch to batch variability and assay interferences
- Knowledge of validation and verification testing
- Experience of GMP / GLP / GDP standards
- Experience and understanding of factors important in drying reagents for use in immunoassays
- Experience working in the medical device industry
- Knowledge and experience of working within a biohazard environment
The ideal candidate will be educated to MSc/PhD level or equivalent in a relevant scientific discipline, with some industry experience developing diagnostic immunoassay technologies and fluorescent detection methods.
You can expect a salary commensurate to your experience.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Jack Reid.
If this role isn't quite what you are looking for, register your CV at and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.
|Contact Name||Jack Reid|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist