Nightshift Care AssistantVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
The Role – Balquhidder House is currently seeking night-shift care assistants working on a 2 week rolling rota.
Based in Balquhidder House Care Home, a stones-throw away from the banks of Loch Lomond and Balloch, Balquhidder House is a purpose-built care home with large gardens and beautiful interior. Although this building is just over a year old, the warm and homely environment is welcoming for all. If you have a real desire to provide good old fashioned quality care and wish to work for an award winning organisation, then you may be who we are looking for.
As the business provides a caring, comfortable and homely environment for mature ladies and gentlemen, it is essential that you have a genuine interest in caring for the elderly and the provision of supported living within a warm and caring environment.
As Care Assistant, you’ll know how to get the best out of people, and you’ll know how to get things done discretely. A skilled and confident communicator, you’ll use your positive “can do” mind-set to provide the highest standard of person-centred care and support to all residents, who have general problems associated with the elderly, as directed by, and under the supervision of the nurse in charge and Manager.
You role will be to help meet the residents needs and requirements, but more importantly, you will help them achieve their full potential, as far as possible, and encourage respect, privacy, dignity, independence and personal choice, making them feel right at home at all times.
Working collaboratively with a dedicated team, not only will you deliver outstanding personal care, you’ll be linking in with other members of staff, in the planning of residents care and will keep them, and family members, regularly updated and informed.
Key Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Promote the highest standards of care within the home
- Attend to the comfort and personal care of residents
- Plan, implement and supervise the provision of quality care
- Maintain any records and documentation
- Uphold residents’ rights to privacy, dignity and choice
- Report any ill health amongst residents and request professional visits where necessary
- Be familiar with and strictly adhere to company policy and procedure and Care Commission guidelines
- All general housekeeping duties including preparation of meals and clearing up.
Essential Experience & Skills:
- Completed SVQ 2 Qualification – or must be willing to work towards qualification in the first three months of employment
- Experience in the Care Sector/ Care of older people
- Have experience with Care Homes or similar environments
- The ability to communicate effectively at a high level at all times
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant client group
- Satisfactory Disclosure Scotland check
Hourly Rate: £8.25
Fairfield Care Scotland is a well-respected award winning, family owned company with an excellent track record & extensive experience in providing person-centred care to the highest of standards. We believe in dignity, choice and independence for all.Company profile View all jobs with Fairfield Care Scotland
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Dayshift Care AssistantFairfield Care Scotland , alexandria
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist