Support Worker Level 1Vacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: SCP 18-22 (£18,629 - £20,666)
Location: East Kilbride
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Ypeople is an independent Charity which delivers support services to vulnerable people helping them to adapt to change and to improve their quality of life.
Ypeople currently has further opportunity for a Support Worker Level 1 to join our Pathways service and provide a high quality of service.
Pathways prides itself on being innovative, proactive to change and constantly strives to adopt developmental approaches toward supporting people. By understanding the complex needs of vulnerable individuals and the chaotic nature of their lives, both past and present, we recognise the importance of exploring new and dynamic methods of engagement and support. We acknowledge this is essential for the steady progression of our service users and ultimately our goal is to inspire positive change within their lives.
In order to promote this new ethos, Pathways works to a framework which integrates the 5 elements of a psychologically informed environment (P.I.E) with the “clubhouse” model. This exciting and challenging new approach provides staff with a unique learning opportunity and dynamic working environment where they are trained and supported to learn new skills and assist in changing the lives of service users experiencing multiple exclusion homelessness.
Support Worker Level 1
Location: East Kilbride
Salary Scale: SCP 18-22 (£18,629 - £20,666)
Working Hours: 39 hours
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 31 October 2016
Key Result Areas include:-
- Effective delivery of a sustainable service at the Supported Accommodation and Reach Out Project to provide a continuum of care for service users
- Effective delivery of the Reach Out initiative and related resettlement services.
- Comprehensive and efficient recording systems to support the needs of service users
- Consistent adherence to all relevant policies and procedures ensuring best practice and legal compliance
- Contribution to the continuous development of the service
The post holders will work an average of 39 hours per week on a shift rota system to ensure 24 hour service provision and provide adequate level of support to the services.
It is essential that all applicants have:-
- SVQ level 3 H&SC or SCQF equivalent
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation and policies relating to housing and social care
- Knowledge of issues surrounding homelessness
- Experience of crisis work with vulnerable service users
- Flexibility with regards to working patterns
- Ability to respond at short notice to crisis situations
Additional Information regarding the post:
- Willingness to work towards SVQ (funded by Ypeople)
- Annual leave increases to 8 weeks after 1 year service
- Ypeople is committed to learning and development and a full training programme offered
- Childcare voucher scheme available
- Healthcare cash plan available
Please request an application pack for a full summary of the role. Download an application pack from Ypeople Website by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button. You can also email Recruitment to request an application pack.
These posts are exempt under the terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exclusions and Exceptions) (Scotland) Order 2003 and will be subject to a PVG Disclosure Check.
The cost of a PVG check will be attributed to the successful candidate.
Ypeople is a charity committed to equal opportunity.
Please note that we do not accept CV’s
Ypeople, the trading name of YMCA Glasgow, is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland with Company Number SC394447 and is a registered Charity with Charity Number SCO17093, with its registered office at William Harte House, 15 Dava Street, Glasgow, G51 2JA.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Cleaner (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Graduate Intern PlacementsRenfrewshire Council, renfrewshire
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist