Support WorkerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: £9.00 per hour - 37 hours salary =£17,362.62 per annum
Closing date: 11 November 2017
Job ref. no.: CS1610/07
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the care sector?
Various permanent contracts available, including full time, part time & relief hours
Upper Springland is a large and diverse service which provides individualised person-centred residential, day and respite services to adults with disabilities. Upper Springland comprises of 48 studio rooms with en-suite facilities, six additional residential places for people with more profound disability, a six-bedded respite facility and The Studio, a day service. We provide support to our customers for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our aims are to:
• support individuals to be empowered and take control of their own lives
• support individuals to have choice
• enable individuals to access resources, activities and support within Upper Springland and the local community
• support individuals to access social work, health, education, employment, and leisure opportunities in order to live their lives to the full.
We are currently looking to recruit Support Workers to work as part of our team to provide a safe, caring environment for our customers and make a difference to their lives.
Experience/qualifications/key skills required:
An SVQ Level 2 or 3 in Social Care (job dependant) would be desirable or the ability and willingness to achieve this qualification within a specified timescale. You should have good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and also on your own initiative. You must be able to obtain registration with Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
Further information about the specific job can be found in the job descriptions and all roles involve a degree of physical activity which includes pushing wheelchairs and providing physical support to our customers including provide personal care (intimate care). You must be able and willing to work flexible shifts which include weekends and evenings. Some roles may also involve the administration of medication.
· We are a Scottish Living Wage Employer
· All training will be provided
· Enhanced Pension Scheme
· 32 days annual leave (increasing with service)
If you would like further information and a detailed job description for each role, please visit our website.
We have various vacancies with varying closing dates - please check the closing date for each post that you are interested in.
|Contact Name||Jennifer Dalrymple|
About Capability Scotland
Capability Scotland provides education, employment and care services for more than 1,000 disabled children and adults across Scotland. The workforce comprises of a wide variety of roles including Allied Health professionals, Teachers, Care and Support staff.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Packing Operator - NightshiftUnited Biscuits , glasgow
- Customer Assistant - Part Time - Port Glasgow - ScotlandLIDL UK, port-glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist