Relief Mental Health Officer (OOHES STANDBY)Vacancy posted: Monday, 8 August 2016
Salary: £19.29 - £20.14
Closing date: 31 December 2016
Job ref. no.: ABS06459
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Dynamic and enthusiastic Mental Health Officers are required to join the Aberdeenshire Council Out Of Hours Emergency Service Relief Pool. Your main function within this post is to undertake to a high standard, all aspects of Mental Health Officer duties across 2003 Act civil investigations and mentally disordered offenders work; Adults with Incapacity investigations; and Adult Protection work that may arise in out of hours circumstances. This involves multi-disciplinary assessment and integrated care planning to secure necessary care and treatment to fulfil Aberdeenshire Council's statutory obligations in-line with relevant policies and procedures. You will be working alongside people of all ages experiencing a range of mental disorders, their families and carers.
Applications are invited from qualified Social Workers (BA Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or CSS) who must be registered with the SSSC and hold the MHO Award whilst either continuing to fulfil MHO registration requirements or who would wish to regain MHO registration. Applicants will have experience in all aspects of Mental Health Officer duties across the Mental Health (Care& Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003, Mentally Disordered Offenders legislation and the Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000. The range of duties requires good oral and written communication skills, the ability to positively manage risk, commitment to integrated working and to working in partnership with people accessing our service and their carers.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
As and when required. The hourly rateof pay iseffective from the point of call out and not for the duration of the stand-by shift.The stand-by rate is £28.21 per stand-by shift covered.
The admin base for this post is Blair Unit, Royal Cornhill Hospital, Aberdeen but you will be required to cover various locations within Aberdeenshire and Aberdeen City
Informal Enquiries Greg Muldoon - 07824473938
TWO references are required.Responsibilities
Management Service and NHS Grampian's Adult Mental Health, Old Age Psychiatry & Learning Disability Services.
• Provide advice and guidance to practitioners across Adult Community Care and NHS Grampian regarding the above legislation, associated codes of practice and local procedures.
• Complete Mental Health Officer Assessments, prepare applications and complete required reports under Mental Health and Criminal Procedures and Adults with Incapacity Legislation, attend court and Mental Health Tribunals.
• Provide consultation in multi-disciplinary settings in all aspects of Mental Health and Adults with Incapacity Legislation
• Promote and enable access to the rights of supported persons subject to legislation.
• Maintain Mental Health Officer Statutory Registration, fulfilling all requirements of the Mental Health Directions 2006 (Requirements for continuing appointment as Mental Health Officers).
• Provide mentoring and support to trainee and newly appointed Mental Health Officers.
• Participate in the following Rotas:-
• Community Mental Health Officer Rotas
• Hospital Mental Health Officer Rotas
• Mental Health Officer Out-of-Hours Emergency service Stand-by Rotas
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- SCOTTISH PUBLIC SERVICES OMBUDSMANThe Scottish Parliament, edinburgh
- Cleaner (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Graduate Intern PlacementsRenfrewshire Council, renfrewshire
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist