Future Skills OfficerVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Closing date: 31 October 2016
Future Skills Inverclyde is an innovative Project designed to ensure that residents in Inverclyde are not digitally and financially excluded. This project is funded by all the local Housing Associations and Inverclyde Council and supported by the agencies on the Financial Inclusion Partnership (FIP), who are seeking to raise awareness of welfare reform, maximise incomes, consider options for low cost borrowing solutions and assist with debt problems.
Future Skills Inverclyde looks to encourage and facilitate opportunities for Inverclyde residents to access opportunities to gain experience in digital training, targeted around financial inclusion. We provide free one-to-one support for residents to gain skills using a PC, Tablet or Smartphone and access the Internet. This will mean that Customers will be aware of how to use the internet to submit and manage an on-line benefit account, source low cost finance options, for example, for insurance and home shopping and also how to access information and advice when they get into financial difficulties. The service operates in a number of locations across Inverclyde and including a home visiting service.
The main purpose of this role is to assist in delivering the outcomes of the Future Skills Inverclyde Project until 31st March 2018. This involves frontline delivery and project outreach, including in customers’ homes.
The Officers will carry out the following duties:
- Deliver one-to-one digital training as required by each individual customer, assessing needs and maintaining records.
- will attend at various venues across Inverclyde to encourage customers to access computer training on financial products and advice
- will offer assistance and advice to customers to complete on-line applications and forms especially in relation to claims for Universal Credit
- will undertake home visits to deliver computing and budgeting
- will consider ways to encourage vulnerable customers to engage with the project
- Will signpost customers to partner agencies offering financial inclusion services to promote income maximisation, debt advice and low cost borrowing solutions.
- Will signpost customers to other services as required to improve
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity, this is a great chance to join a thriving and ambitious company and to enhance your existing skills, knowledge and experience in an Organisation which will support your career development. We offer a benefits package including contributory pension, health cash plan and flexible working.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a Disclosure Scotland check.
To apply please go to River Clyde Homes' website and download an application pack.
About River Clyde Homes
River Clyde Homes is a forward thinking and dynamic not-for-profit voluntary housing organisation with a full, new executive management team. We own and manage over 6,000 homes and provide factoring services to a further 2,250 homes in the Inverclyde area of Scotland. Led by a Board of 12 members, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and ensure they have real influence. We also provide more than simple landlord services because we care about the people and the places where we work; we are an organisation who believes that customers and their homes really matter.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist