Shop ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £7.96 per hour (35 hours per week, Monday to Sunday) + excellent benefits
Closing date: 26 October 2016
Fixed Term Contract until August 2017
Closing date: 26 October 2016 (midnight)
Interview date: 4 November 2016 in Glasgow
We’re looking for a commercially aware and self-motivated Shop Manager with proven experience of managing others, ideally gained working in a retail environment, to manage our charity shop Milngavie, East Dunbartonshire.
Our retail arm, Shelter Trading Limited, operates a national network of 100 charity shops. And, with over 300 paid staff and more than 1000 volunteers selling a range of new and donated goods, the shops generate significant income to help finance our cause.
Your key responsibilities:
- Maximise sales and profit through the effective management of the shop premises and leadership of staff and volunteers
- Implement local and national sales promotions, control pricing, manage stock room systems and apply company display, merchandising and window dressing standards
- Provide training for all shop staff and volunteers to ensure the very best customer service
- Act as the main key holder, ensure the security of cash, stock staff and premises and process all shop administration.
And what you’ll need:
- An understanding of retail fashion and the value of second hand goods, plus a proven ability to work unsupervised and carry out shop administration duties efficiently
- Excellent communication, time management and organisational skills and a flair for taking a creative approach to problem solving
- The ability to lift quantities of stock which could weigh up to 8kg
- Awareness of equal opportunities issues and how they relate to you and the shop team
- A willingness to work Saturdays - and the occasional Sunday where necessary. You will work 5 days out of 7.
We offer a wide range of benefits including 22 days annual leave pro rata, enhanced maternity/paternity leave and access to a Tenancy Deposit loan.
For further information about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please visit our website.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help.
We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist