Compliance Co-OrdinatorVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £31305.00 - £37267.00 per annum
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 487207-A
Assist the Neighbourhood Maintenance Co-ordinator in ensuring that stock is maintained in good condition, money spent effectively in accordance with the Association's agreed budget priorities and aligned to the annual Investment Plans as well as ensuring compliance with all statutory and other relevant legislative requirements. Work with Neighbourhood Housing Officers as part of a Community Team.
Inspect voids and responsive repairs specifying work, and where an external contractor is needed arranging for it to be carried out, then conducting post inspections ensuring customer satisfaction and value for money.
To assist the Co-ordinators to ensure compliance with all statutory and other relevant legislative requirements while ensuring at all times staff and activates are undertaken in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
2. Contribute to ensure compliance with CDM for all works and that risk assessments and method statements are in place that provides robust safe systems of work. All planned and responsive work programme are undertaken in accordance with procedure for the management of Asbestos, Legionella, Electrical testing and Gas safety at all time and any and all risks are reported to your line manager.
3. Inspect properties and communal areas within your designated Neighbourhood(s) with key responsibility for Voids and Responsive Repairs specifying works using the Schedule of Rates.
4. Balance customer expectations with budget constraints, ensuring work quality standards are met, procurement requirements are followed and accurate records maintained.
5. Ensure that works raised are delivered on time, to specified standards and within budget.
6. Contribute within Team Meeting to the on going updates for the Asset Management Strategy implementation through the Area Assessment Management Action plans to ensure that Investment is made in the most effective way within your designated Neighbourhood and across properties.
7. Ensure that the Association's handover procedures are carried out correctly and that all relevant completion certificates, health and safety files and other site specific records are received. Taking effective action to mitigate and rectify identified health and safety risks, escalating concerns and highlighted risks to line manager appropriately.
8. Work closely with colleagues in the Home Investment Team to achieve an awareness of planned, cyclical and responsive maintenance, regeneration and new build programmes.
9. Champion work quality, ensuring the effective monitoring and assessment of contractors, suppliers and consultants performance, utilising Procurement Portals for Major Works and insurance cases.
10. Support the Assets and Investments team in ensuring the Association's housing stock achieves the Scottish Housing Quality Standard, EESSH and other condition related standards.
11. To implement new technical specifications and standards, complying with best practice and relevant policies, monitoring on going effectiveness.
12. To take appropriate and timely action on receipt of issues or concerns including escalation to management as necessary.
13. Carry out duties relating to the supervision and inspection of regeneration and new build projects of the Association as may be directed from time to time.
You will have experience in managing staff, working within a housing organisation, fast paced environment.
HND standard or equivalent.
Current NEBOSH qualification.
5 Years experience at senior level.
A proven track record of delivering high quality performance against targets.
Comprehensive knowledge of surveying housing.
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.
|Contact Name||James Davanna|
|Telephone||0131 524 9020|
About Badenoch and Clark
Badenoch & Clark (B&C) is the Professional Services recruitment and Executive Search arm of Adecco S.A., a Fortune 500 business and the worlds largest HR consulting company. B&C operates from 16 locations in the UK and 9 countries across Europe. Our national and international networks help clients and candidates make the right connections and our long-term relationships, industry-specific expertise and our unrivalled reach, set us apart.
Our Scottish team delivers these services from our Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen offices and we pride ourselves on the ability to give our clients and candidates a competitive edge
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist