Assets Safety OfficerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £25339.00 per annum
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 487213-A
To assist the Compliance Coordinator to ensure the safe and effective delivery of gas servicing and repairs, gas installations, and compliance with Electrical Testing. The role also involves the management of risk and performance for Gas Safety and compliance in relation to Electrical Testing, Legionella, Asbestos and Fire and adherence to current legislation.
Responsible to the Compliance Co-ordinator for the efficient and effective management including safe service delivery and supervision of staff ensuring they have a clear focus on quality; customer focus and are motivated to achieve challenging objectives and continuous improvement.
To ensure that stock is maintained in good condition, money spent effectively in accordance with the Association's agreed budget priorities and aligned to the annual Investment Plans. To assist the Compliance Co-ordinator in ensuring compliance with all statutory and other relevant legislative requirements.
1. To provide professional services and advice relating to gas and electrical services for the housing stock acting as an internal advisor to all staff including the Director of Assets & Property Services and Heads of Service to ensure compliance with all statutory and other legislative requirements relating to all heating, gas, electrical testing and renewable energy installations.
2. To advise on standards of materials and equipment for new gas, electrical and renewable installations and to provide technical specifications of materials and equipment for new gas, electrical and renewable installation service and repairs. That all materials are compliant with statutory and other legislative requirements.
3. To assist the Co-ordinators to ensure compliance with all statutory and other relevant legislative requirements while ensuring at all times staff and activities are undertaken in accordance with Health and Safety legislation.
4. Contribute to ensure compliance with CDM for all works and that risk assessments and method statements are in place that provides robust safe systems of work. All planned and
responsive work programme are undertaken in accordance with organisations procedure for the management of Asbestos, Legionella, Electrical testing and Gas safety at all time and any and all risks are reported to your line manager.
5. Work in conjunction with the Compliance Coordinator to ensure they meet all our Gas Safe statutory obligations as well as those for electrical and renewable services. To provide Health and Safety reporting ensuring compliance (internal and external) for Gas, Electric and Contracts administration.
6. To advise on capital and revenue programmes including gas, electrical and renewable installations. Contribute to the preparation of schedules as appropriate. Manage the programmes relating to gas, electrical and renewable installations and work with the Compliance Co-ordinator to ensure that the installation of related capital investment complies with health & safety requirements.
7. Investigate failures and prepare technical reports to support gas, electrical and renewable installations as well as to specify remedial action.
8. To oversee the Asset Safety Administrator in updating the Gas and Electrical database and management of gas and electrical certificates.
9. Work with Compliance Co-ordinator to manage internal audit to ensure that all staff are trained and works are carried out are to Gas Safe and H&S legislation including completion and distribution of appropriate documentation to ensure operational risk is minimised.
10. Be responsible for training and quality control of Gas Engineers. To work in partnership with external gas contractors and participate in toolbox talks and quality management with their staff.
11. Support Neighbourhood Management including Health & Safety in each team to devolve understanding and empower local ownership and lead continual improvement initiatives.
12. To take appropriate and timely action on receipt of issues or concerns including escalation to management as necessary.
Gas Safety Level 2 - 3
HND/C Gas, Electrical or Renewable energy
5 years experience in construction or property - ideally in social housing
Badenoch & Clark is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Badenoch & Clark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a registered Disability Symbol User.
|Contact Name||James Davanna|
|Telephone||0131 524 9020|
About Badenoch and Clark
Badenoch & Clark (B&C) is the Professional Services recruitment and Executive Search arm of Adecco S.A., a Fortune 500 business and the worlds largest HR consulting company. B&C operates from 16 locations in the UK and 9 countries across Europe. Our national and international networks help clients and candidates make the right connections and our long-term relationships, industry-specific expertise and our unrivalled reach, set us apart.
Our Scottish team delivers these services from our Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen offices and we pride ourselves on the ability to give our clients and candidates a competitive edge
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist