BBC's, Up for Hire, offers a range of paid work placements throughout Scotland for unemployed young adults
There's been a lot of gloomy news about unemployment
recently with latest figures showing nearly a million 16 - 24 year olds are out
of work. But a new BBC3 series called UP
FOR HIRE LIVE is trying to do
their bit by working with a number of well known companies who are offering
paid work placements via their website. There's a range of 23 opportunities being offered by seven top UK companies in the
areas of retail, leisure and technology; Hilton, Virgin Media, Greggs,
Each placement lasts for a minimum of three months and all are paid.
It's a way of people getting their foot in the door and hopefully kick-starting their career.
UP FOR HIRE LIVE
will be filming many of the interviews and showing the outcome on the series
which goes out live from 17th October. The producers say "Obviously a TV
series can't solve the problem of unemployment but we aim to shine a light on
it and offer practical help on how to improve your chances of getting a job.
The series will be interactive and have access to business experts and a
wide range of companies both in the studio and via social media."
Presenter Richard Bacon will hit the BBC Three screens at 9pm on 17th October, and working alongside him will be Radio One reporter Tina Daheley. For this week Radio One's breakfast show will also be running an Up for Hire theme and will be focusing on youth unemployment. The BBC Three programme is broadcast live each evening so Richard and Tina can respond to questions asked by the viewers immediately and the series will be as current and topical as possible.
Other Scottish jobs news
- Entries for the s1jobs Recruitment Awards is now open!
- Making the most of Scotlands employment boom
- Barrhead invests in continued expansion
- Waitrose to create 2,000 jobs
- New restaurant opening at the Glasgow Fort creating 40 jobs
- s1jobs to support the FIRM at In-house Recruitment Scotland Conference
- Lidl plan to expand as sales continue to build
- Fantasy sports firm to create jobs
- 105 jobs on offer at Glasgow mall
- ART SCHOOL IN HIGHLANDS EXPANSION