Consultant in Older Adult Psychiatry (2 Positions)
Consultant (£96,963 - £128,841)
NHS HIGHLAND, Leachkin
- Full time
Posted 3 weeks ago, 26 Jan | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: None
Full Job Description
We seek to appoint two permanent Older Adult Psychiatry Consultants, to join our team dedicated to the delivery of older adult mental health services in the Highlands. The post holder will provide consultant input to our community between either Central or East team to cover, for both primary and organic mental disorders. The post is supported by a well-developed community mental health team. An experienced Associate Specialist supports nurse led care home liaison.
The post holder will be based at the New Craigs Hospital site, where inpatient care is provided, and will participate in the Consultant on call rota (1: 16.5).
The job plan can be developed flexibly, with opportunities for special interests in keeping with the needs of the service, whether in community, inpatient, liaison or young onset dementia services. The post provides a 8:2 split between Direct
Clinical Care and SPA sessions.
The post holder will be supported by a cohesive and collegiate group of clinicians, and will participate in CPD and peer supervision. Consultant peer groups meet regularly and there are regular educational events organised as part of our in-house programme.
Interested applicants should contact Dr Dirk Maliepaard, Clinical Lead for Older
Adult Psychiatry, New Craigs Hospital, Inverness on email@example.com or. Prospective applicants are most welcome to contact us in order to arrange an informal visit.
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser 'Google Chrome' or 'Microsoft Edge' when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork