Customer Team Member
GBP 10.90 per hour
Co-op Group, Portree
- Full time
Posted 4 weeks ago, 3 Feb | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: 1037031
Full Job Description
Are you already a Co-op colleague? -
- Job ID: 1037031
- Closing date: 06-02-2024
- Holidays starting from 31 days holiday per year (includes bank holidays)
- 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores
- Pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
- Services to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- YuLife - a wellbeing app that rewards healthy behaviours with vouchers to spend at your favourite brands
Customer Team Member
Location: Bank Street, Portree, IV51 9DA
Pay: £10.90 per hour + great benefits
Contract: 16 hours per week + regular overtime, 8 month temporary contract, part time
Working pattern: varied shifts including early mornings (from 7.00am), afternoons, late evenings (until 11.00pm) and weekends, to be discussed at interview
Full training given
You can now apply for this role using your mobile device
You must be aged 18 or over to be a customer team member at Co-op, as it requires working before 6am or after 10pm, or involves working in one of our petrol forecourts.
As a customer team member at Co-op, you'll provide friendly, thoughtful service, and be on hand to support customers whenever they need your help. You'll also make sure your store is in great shape - working as part of a team to replenish products and support deliveries.
In return, we'll give you opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career. You'll also get fair pay, and a benefits package that includes a pension, colleague discount and support for your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
What you'll do
• Friendly and thoughtful service - you'll put customers first in everything you do: responding to queries, championing Co-op products and Membership, and doing all you can to deliver a great shopping experience
• Engage with everyone to succeed together - you'll build strong relationships with your colleagues in-store - working together as a team to solve problems for the benefit of customers and members and each other
• Make sure the store is safe, legal and operational - you'll complete daily checks to make sure the store is safe for our customers, and replenish products while checking their dates, prices and temperatures are legally compliant
• Embrace change - you'll help to embed change in store, embracing and supporting changes so they become a natural way of working, and sharing experiences with other colleagues to help them positively adapt to changes
• Co-operate for a fairer world - you'll get involved in day to day community activities like supporting our FoodShare scheme, and help your local member pioneer by taking part in local community events
This job would suit people who have
• genuine care for the needs of customers and colleagues
• good communication skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with everyone
• strong problem solving skills
• the flexibility to work a range of shifts
We'll help you learn new skills, and give you the opportunity to support your local community. You'll also get package that includes:
• competitive pay and opportunities for overtime
• Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
• premium rates for hours worked before 6am or after 10pm
• flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities (we provide rotas to your mobile phone 3 weeks in advance)
• Holidays starting from 31 days per year (includes bank holidays) pro rata for part time
• 30% off Co-op branded products in our food stores
• 10% off other brands all year-round (doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after payday)
• discounts on other Co-op products and services
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• cycle to work scheme
• services to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
Building an inclusive workplace
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to build inclusive work environments, where our colleagues have equal opportunities to reach their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
If you have a disability, we can make reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process according to your needs. We're also part of the Disability Confident scheme, meaning we'll always offer an interview to disabled candidates who apply through the scheme if they meet the minimum criteria for a job.
We'll ask whether you'd like to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme when you apply.
If we invite you to take part in the recruitment process for any of our jobs, we'll ask you if you need any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate.
You can find out more about our recruitment process at jobs.coop.co.uk/apply-process.
You can find out more about the Disability Confident scheme and all our commitments to diversity and inclusion at .
As part of the application process for this job, you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take around 10 minutes to complete the test.
Expand for full job description