ES22 23108 / 231743 177852 Staff Midwives
Band 6 (£37,831 - £46,100)
NHS HIGHLAND, Wick
- Full time
Posted 2 weeks ago, 1 Feb | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: None
Full Job Description
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
Caithness is an area of dramatic scenery, with beautiful shorelines and cliff top walks. It has a lot to offer for those interested in exploring the wonders of nature on land and sea, as well as local historical and archaeological sites.
The Caithness Integrated Midwifery Team are looking for midwives to work in their new Community Midwifery Unit. The post offers an exciting opportunity for experienced midwives who are keen to practice midwife-led care and to develop skills as autonomous practitioners in remote and rural practice. The midwifery team provide maternity services within the community midwifery unit based in Caithness General Hospital, and across the Caithness and North Sutherland area. The service offers local birth for low risk pregnancies and has approx 25 births annually. For the management, care and transfer of higher risk pregnancies and sick neonates the midwifery team work closely with NHS Highland Obstetric, Midwifery and Neonatal Maternity Unit team based in Raigmore Hospital, Inverness (approx 110 miles away). The midwifery team work flexibly to provide a 24/7 service.
Interested applicants should ideally be educated to degree level. Various permanent hours are available, with commitment to flexible shift patterns and on call working. Job share applicants will be considered. A current driving licence is essential and you will be expected to travel efficiently and effectively between various work locations to meet the operational requirements of the service.
Informal enquiries would be welcomed by Donna Firth, Caithness Midwifery Team Lead who can be contacted on Tel or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please see attached link for Wick midwives: https://youtu.be/UbrjXcRp7xI
Our Recruitment Team can be contacted on /880410
Please quote Jobtrain Ref: 177852 on all correspondence
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser 'Google Chrome' or 'Microsoft Edge' when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork