Female Support Worker
GBP 11.40 per hour
Thera Trust, Hill of Fearn
- Full time
Posted 3 weeks ago, 4 Feb | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: 062892
Full Job Description
Thera (Scotland) Vacancy ID : 062892 Closing Date : 29-Feb-2024 Contact Person : Scott Harkness Contact Email : Contact Number : Salary Range : 11.40 per hour Female Support Worker
Job Title: Female Support Worker
Location: Highlands, Inverness - IV3
Hours: Full Time, Part Time
Salary: 11.40 per hour
Additional Information: Full UK driving licence is essential.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer sponsorships for international applicants, or candidates currently working in the UK on a sponsored visa as we are unable to assist with renewal upon expiry.
Are you a patient and caring individual looking for a new career in Social Care, with a regular monthly salary? Maybe you have worked as a Care Assistant before and are looking for a change or perhaps you have always wanted to make a difference in peoples lives.
Thera Scotland is proud of the work they do and are currently recruiting Support Workers in the Highlands area. We invite you to join our team.
As a support worker with Thera, you will be part of an inclusive team supporting adults with a learning disability. Using a person-centred approach, you will help create innovative ways to support an individual achieve their own personal goals.
The ways of supporting will change with everyone you work with because everyone has different ambitions.
Supporting people in their daily lives is varied and any day could include helping someone develop new skills, providing personal and emotional support, helping people plan and manage their own home, support with leisure, interests, and travel.
You could be supporting people in their own home or out and about in their community.
- Thera is uniquewe are led by people with a learning disability.
- Ourvisionis to promote that people with a learning disability can be leaders in society.
- Using a person-centred approach, you will empower people with a learning disability to live the lives they choose.
- No previous experience or qualifications required, full training will be provided to the right candidate(s)
- Compassionate, Caring and Confident
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, with a high level of motivation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Confident, articulate, and professional
- Keenness to learn in a fast-paced environment and creatively solve problems
- Desire to embrace our values and vision and have fun!
- Annualised Hours, guaranteed monthly salary for full and part-time roles regardless of shift patterns, plus overtime opportunities
- Flexible working hours for work life balance
- Immediate interview and quick start date (subject to pre-employment checks)
- 28 days Annual Leave including bank Holidays (pro Rata)
- Employee support line to support you and your family
- Free nationally accredited training, and the opportunity to earn a qualification and progress your career
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Free PVG check
- Refer a friend and earn up to 300
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Well-being initiatives
- Access to Thousands of Retail Discounts including discounted Health Cash Plan
- An Employee Council that represents the views of staff about matters relating to work
If you have a passion for making a difference to peoples lives, consider a career with Thera Group .
We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate.
We are an equal opportunities Employer. *Female only qualifies under Paragraph 1, Schedule 9 of the Equality Act
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders act 1974. For the purpose of this act, you must declare any convictions or cautions that you have received, including these that would otherwise be spent. This role is subject to a relevant PVG check should you be offered the position.
Thera follows government guidance around vaccines and believe they are an effective way to support everyones safety. We would encourage you to take part in any vaccination programme recommended if you are working in Social Care.