Mechanical Project Engineer
GBP 40,000.00 - 52,000.00 per year
M Group Services, Hill of Fearn
- Full time
Posted 22 weeks ago, 25 Sep | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: 17920
Full Job Description
About The Role
Delivering what we promise
ID Systems part of the M Group Services Water Division are the leading service provider in the water and wastewater infrastructure sectors in the UK. As a division, we employ circa 3000 people across the UK and we are looking for aspiring people like you, who are keen to continue their career within the Water Industry.
ID Systems are an established industry leader providing single sourced solutions within the field of MEICAT Engineering. Our areas of expertise include hazardous areas, PLC/SCADA, telemetry integration, electrical engineering design, installation, project management and preventive maintenance.
Being a part of ID Systems, you`ll be joining a value-based business, we pride ourselves on living our values while we work!
Safety : putting health, wellbeing and safety of people first
People : engaging and empowering everyone to deliver and grow
Delivery : helping deliver our clients business needs
Integrity : behaving respectfully and in a sustainable manner to the individual, our communities and the environment, maintaining accountability and honesty in the way we work
Due to significant growth within our DV2 lot 4 framework, ID Systems are looking to recruit Project Engineers, preferably with a MEICA background in the water sector.
As the Mechanical Project Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake site surveys, taking measurements, photos, asking questions of operations, understanding of process, assessing access and egress
- Write detailed and accurate Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Resolve technical and logistical issues as they arise
- Supporting the sites` needs, material, labour, resources and plant
- Drive and lead procurement of materials through creation and review of bill of quantities
- Evaluate, organise and prioritise workload within the schedule
- Attend client meetings
- Regularly reporting projects progress and updates to Senior Management
- Technical assessment of supplier quotations
- Programme management: adherence to programmes and report to management on any discrepancies
- Supplier management: Day to day liaison with suppliers and sub-contractors
Relevant engineering degree or HND
A good understanding of NEC form of contract would be advantageous
An understanding of water and waste-water industry and processes or experience in industrial electrical installations, utilities industry experience (i.e., rail, telecoms, national grid, water or equivalent engineering industries/ backgrounds)
As a valued employee of the M Group Services Water Division, you`ll be entitled to:
- PPE provided at no cost to you
- Matched Pension Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities to progress in a successful company
- Life Assurance
- The option to take out Personal Accident Insurance
- The option to partake in Payroll giving
- Salary Finance - an online portal offering financial support via articles, videos and blogs. You can apply for loans and savings schemes via payroll
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Cycle to work Scheme
Who doesn`t like a discount? You will have access to your `My Rewards` portal. This provides amazing reductions on 1000`s of purchases including Mobile Phone, Utility bills & top retail brand discounts.
Here`s a few so you can see the type of saving`s you can make:
- Up to 7% discounts on major supermarkets
- Up to 52% on Cinema tickets
- Up to 33% on holidays and travel
- Up to 10% on restaurants and takeaways
- Up to 25% off gym membership
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Notes/Brief for Recruitment Team:
About The Company
M Group Services delivers a range of essential infrastructure services within the water, energy, transport and telecommunications sectors in the UK & Ireland. We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service. We are committed to profitable growth both organically and through acquisitions. M Group Services, a trusted employer to over 10,000 skilled specialists working from 240 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets.
At M Group Services we recognise and value the benefits from our workforce diversity. We work hard to build and maintain inclusive environments and develop a culture where our people feel included and valued.