Podiatrist (band 5 or 6 development post)
Please see advert
NHS HIGHLAND, Quarryhill
- Full time
Posted 1 week ago, 10 Feb | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: None
Full Job Description
This is an exciting post also open to recent graduates who may wish to increase their clinical skills.
This post may incorporate a period of mentorship covering clinical techniques in advance of those usually experienced at college as required. These will include extensive nail surgery experience, Post Tibial blocks, deep enucleations, needling / blunt dissections of verrucae, and advanced techniques in orthotic manufacture.
No previous experience is necessary although an understanding of the philosophy of care aims is desirable
The candidate may be employed initially at a Band 5 (£30,229 to £37,664 per annum) Level but it is anticipated that following a successful development period the successful applicant would progress to Band 6 Level (£37,831 to £46,100 per annum).
This does not exclude experienced clinicians entering the post immediately at Band 6 level.
You will have a BSc qualification in Podiatric Medicine and be qualified in L.A and nail surgery, along with registration with the HPC.
The work base is at Tain Health Centre which is about a 45 minutes drive from the Highland capital Inverness
You will be able to demonstrate a sound professional and clinical knowledge, with understanding of clinical governance, and its application. Of greatest importance is an ability to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to prioritise, plan and organise your workload, are also essential requirements along with a full, current driving license.
Informal enquiries can be made to Michael Gates / email@example.com
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser 'Google Chrome' or 'Microsoft Edge' when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork