Seasonal Destination Assistant
GBP 12.13 per hour
Scottish Canals, Fort Augustus
- Full time
Posted 7 weeks ago, 13 Jan | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: dowMrj1SgVWz
Full Job Description
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals tojoin our team and work with us over our Spring to Autumn 2024 season.
If you're interested in tourism, travel, international visitors and food & drink, then this could be the perfect job for you.
From welcoming thousands of UK and international visitors, to supplying information and serving customers, our Destination Assistants enjoy a wide range of fun and exciting responsibilities.
You will assist customers with purchases, keep our attraction looking its best and help to ensure our visitors have a 5-star trip to remember. This role will involve customer service, cash handling and the preparation of food and drink.
Full uniform and training will be provided.
Key Duties include:
- Preparing and serving hot and cold drinks such as tea, coffee and speciality beverages.
- Cleaning and sanitising work areas, utensils and equipment.
- Describing menu items and suggesting products to customers.
- Serving customers and taking orders and communicating with the kitchen.
- Welcome, engage and inform our customers to exceed expectations.
- Description and selling of our products and services.
- Receiving, pricing, and distributing stock supplies.
- Receiving and processing customer payments.
- Cleaning and tidying public areas.
- Stock movement and replenishment.
- Assisting in other departments of the business when requested.
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- A real enjoyment for dealing and helping the public
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- The drive to work across various disciplines (gift shop, tourism, café, events, etc.)
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A sense of own initiative with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role and willingness to learn
Previous experience in a similar role is welcomed, but not essential.
This role attracts a salary of £12.13 per hour. You will work on a rota which may include weekends and bank holidays.