Seasonal Housekeeping Assistant
GBP 12.13 per hour
Scottish Canals, Fort Augustus
- Full time
Posted 6 weeks ago, 13 Jan | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: J3WAUAfQBdoD
Full Job Description
We are looking for passionate, enthusiastic, and motivated individuals to join the team and work with us over our Spring to Autumn 2024 Season. If you're interested in tourism, travel, international visitors, events, food & drink then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
From welcoming thousands of international visitors, to supplying information, serving customers, our destination assistants enjoy a wide range of fun and exciting responsibilities. You will assist customers with purchases, supply information, keep our attractions looking their best and help to ensure our visitors have a 5-star trip to remember.
Key Duties include:
- Performs cleaning duties in all guest areas and back of house.
- Monitoring and controlling accommodation supplies, and overseeing the ordering, delivery, and storage of all items.
- Stocking and maintaining an inventory of housekeeping supplies.
- Dusting furniture or fixtures and polishing them.
- Cleaning and sanitising showers, bathtubs, toilets and sinks.
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets, doormats, and rugs.
- Reporting breakages, damages, and safety issues for repairs.
- Assisting in other departments of the business when requested.
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High standard of cleanliness, with a keen eye for attention to detail
- A confident, friendly, welcoming, helpful, engaging nature
- The ability to deliver a professional service to customers
- The drive to work across various disciplines (gift shop, café, tourism, events, etc.)
- Good time management and organisational skills
- The ability to work well under pressure
- A sense of own initiative with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A flexible approach to the role
Previous experience in a similar role is welcomed, but not essential as full training will be given.
This role attracts a salary of £12.13 per hour. You will work on a rota which may include weekends and bank holidays.