Senior Charge Nurse
Band 7 (£46,244 - £53,789)
NHS HIGHLAND, Raigmore
- Full time
Posted 3 weeks ago, 1 Feb | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: None
Full Job Description
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
Are you passionate about giving the best care possible to people with a diagnosis of cancer in the Highlands of Scotland?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Senior Charge Nurse to provide leadership for Ward 5A in Raigmore Hospital, Inverness. Ward 5A is the dedicated inpatient area for delivering cancer treatment and managing acute oncology /haematology symptoms for NHS Highland. Palliative care is also regularly provided.
As Senior Charge Nurse, you will manage our established team of nurses and support workers to ensure the safe and efficient running of the ward. As well as a sound understanding of cancer treatment, you will have excellent organisational skills, experience of people management and proactively engage with change and innovation.
You will work closely with Consultant Oncologists and Haematologists, chemotherapy pharmacists, the radiotherapy department, our cancer nurse specialist teams and Allied Health Professionals. You will also foster excellent working relationships with staff in the Macmillan Suite (our dedicated outpatient Oncology department) and the Haematology outpatient department, in order to work flexibly together to ensure patients have the best possible experience of treatment and care.
Informal enquiries to: Angeline Macleod, Assistant Divisional Nurse Manager, Cancer Services; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser 'Google Chrome' or 'Microsoft Edge' when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork