GBP 28,000.00 - 35,000.00 per year
- Full time
Posted 3 weeks ago, 27 Jan | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: ATR973334
Full Job Description
Rail & Civil Engineering
Location - Inverness
Due to continued growth and success in the region, we are looking to recruit a Site Engineer based at our Inverness depot, supporting the regional asset maintenance works. This is an outstanding opportunity for a Site Engineer looking to continue their professional development and support civils and structures maintenance works and projects on the railway infrastructure in and around the Inverness area.
A busy and fast paced project environment involving in a range of multi-disciplinary civil engineering projects, working for a varied range of clients including Local Authorities, Network Rail, Environmental and private developers
Projects can typically include civil engineering works and infrastructure projects such as:
Roads, bridges, footbridges, tunnels, underbridges, flood alleviation / repairs, embankments and rail platforms etc.
We currently have a number of live infrastructure projects and long term renewals and maintenance frameworks underway including Civils Asset Management (CAM), Renewals Enhancement Framework (REF) and a slab track framework.
As Site Engineer, you will be reporting to the Project Manager/Site Agents and will be accountable for the weekly planning and ongoing delivery of site based railway infrastructure works around Scotland.
Day to day responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
• Site Safety, Health Environmental and Quality responsibilities for all site activities
• Review and interpret project drawings, specifications for site based activity / engineering.
• Setting out and surveying works on site
• Ensuring that site engineering is carried out in a professional, systematic and accurate manner.
• Supervision of works on site including labour, plant and subcontractors.
• Keeping accurate records, including a diary, of all site activities.
• Taking off and ordering of materials.
• Daily and weekly planning of site works being carried out, including assisting in the production of Risk Assessments, Work Package Plans, Inspection Test Plans and other documentation.
• Day to day management of sub-contractors and engineers as required
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Site Engineer in a rail / civil engineering environment.
• Degree / HNC or HND in civil engineering (or equivalent compensating experience in a technical civil engineering role)
• Experience as a Site / Senior Site Engineer in a civil engineering contracting environment
• Experience in a similar role working on multi-disciplinary civils infrastructure projects
• Rail experience is beneficial
- Competitive annual salary negotiable dependant on experience
- Company Car or Car Allowance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with service)
- Up to 3 volunteer days
- Company contributory Pension scheme
- Life Insurance
- Westfield Health Cash Plan & Westfield Rewards
- Generous Employee referral scheme
- Support and employee infrastructure embedded in the business as a platform for personal and professional development creating pathways for unrivalled career development and progression opportunities internally.
- Consistent learning opportunities
- A safe place to work
- Employee forum's that provide a platform for having your voice heard
You will be joining a reputable and firmly established, engineering contractor operating nationally in rail, civils and engineering markets. AmcoGiffen are renowned in the market as a specialist civil, building, mechanical and electrical renewals and maintenance business with ongoing and successful projects and frameworks across the country, you will become part of our expert outfit.
AmcoGiffen has a wealth of experience working on sensitive, live assets in highly regulated environments, we deliver exceptional peace of mind for our customers, creating and maintaining assets across a growing range of high-quality public and private sectors. These include rail, power generation, electricity distribution, flood defence, aviation, waterways and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at AmcoGiffen
We value collective expertise, but also the spark that one person can bring. As one of us, you can be you, because your individuality is an asset to our business and the communities in which we work and represent.
We are working hard as part of the civil engineering and construction industry, to improve diversity & inclusion. Our Diversity and inclusion journey at AmcoGiffen, is constantly evolving and is designed to break down barriers and promote the principles of a diverse workforce through multiple channels. This includes delivering training, raising awareness, regular forums and sharing our engagement calendar of activities and events to encourage participation at all levels throughout our organisation.
Diversity & Inclusion is embodied throughout our SPIRIT core Business values and lies at the heart of our culture of Safety, Professionalism, Innovation, Respect, Integrity and Teamwork.
AmcoGiffen is an Equal Opportunities Employer, offering challenging, worthwhile careers to everyone and is pro-actively committed to improving our understanding year on year to foster a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees as well as for the customers and communities in which we serve and operate within. It doesn't matter to us what your age, disability, employment status, gender, health, marital status, sexual preference, membership or non-membership of a trade union, nationality, race, religion or social class are, or indeed any other personal characteristics not directly related to the relevant job. Anyone who meets the requirements of the job is eligible for employment with AmcoGiffen.
Health & Wellbeing
Operating from a people first perspective we support safety and wellbeing in the workplace as a priority. We have large number of colleagues that are trained and qualified mental health first aiders to support and listen where appropriate. We enrol all of the AmcoGiffen family onto an employee assistance programme which provides 24 hour, 7 days a week counselling and advice services.
Is AmcoGiffen your next career challenge? If so, apply now!
For more information or to arrange a private and confidential discussion about AmcoGiffen career opportunities, please contact our Recruitment Team:
We offer excellent career prospects, a competitive salary, and outstanding training development and support opportunities. You can expect to receive a range of benefits (role dependent) including:
Contributory pension scheme
Westfield health scheme
Minumum 25 days' holiday
Private medical insurance