Staff Nurse Escort
Band 5 (£30,229 - £37,664)
NHS HIGHLAND, Leachkin
- Full time
Posted 1 week ago, 8 Feb | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: None
Full Job Description
NHS Highland are seeking Registered Mental Health Nurses to enable us to provide a high quality Escort / Transportation Service for North Highland.
We are looking to appoint people who want to make that positive difference for people coming into our in-patient service under detention. This is a time when people are often fearful and distressed however with the right people, we can minimise this distress and provide the reassurance required at this challenging time.
This role will involve assessing the changing presentation of the person and acting accordingly, possible administration of medication, liaising with various professionals, as well as the patient and their family / care provider. This ole will also include assisting with transportation, on occasions, when public transport is unavailable to patients homes (facilitating passes from in-patient service or being discharged) and following the person up either by NearMe or telephone to provide support and guidance.
The successful candidate should be of a calm demeanour, be able to cope well under pressure. Have experience of acute mental health presentations (all ages) and be able to participate in situations where there may be violence and aggression.
You will be part of shaping the future of Mental Health Provision in NHS Highland today and in the future.
Informal enquiries to: Lesley Smith, Clinical Area Manager
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser 'Google Chrome' or 'Microsoft Edge' when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork