T & C director, manager - Scotland
£60000 - £70000 per annum + negotiable, company benefits, bonus
Eden Scott, Kingussie
- Full time
Posted 1 week ago, 12 Feb | Get your application in now before you're too late!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: 1658114
Full Job Description
An outstanding opportunity has arisen with our regional client for an experienced compliance, training and competency professional to join their management team. The position can be based anywhere in Scotland on a blend of home and office working (to be negotiated). Key responsibilities of the role will be managing the firm’s IFA division in line with their T and C scheme, overseeing all aspects in line with ongoing FCA requirements.
Duties will also include but not restricted to:
- Pre-approval of higher risk business files on a pro-active basis. Pre-approval of files, system management and continual improvement of final salary transfer process which is currently in place
- FCA reporting, returns and general updating of competency requirements
- Regular adviser T&C meetings with Key Performance Indicators being analysed and discussed
- Client observations with a view to enhancing IFA skill levels and checking individual competency levels
- Involvement in recruitment and training of any new IFA appointments
- Instigation of any additional new practices which can improve client outcomes, productivity, efficiency and corporate governance within the department
- Liaison with compliance services to ensure all documentation being used is correct and FCA / Provider updates are being adhered to
- Oversight of Investment Committee outcomes including engagement in due diligence process of products, providers and platforms being used
The successful candidate will also have intricate knowledge of the provision of advice to clients in a compliant manner in line with legislation and as detailed in the firm’s compliance manual and procedures. A broad base of compliance knowledge will be required as a minimum and a specific understanding/knowledge of the FCA conduct of business / rules is necessary for the role as it will include reporting of records, responding to FCA requests. Regular communication and reporting will be required to the firm’s senior management team on a regular basis on all relevant training and competence compliance issues and an expectation to have up to date knowledge on all relevant product, legislative and technical changes. Complying with the relevant compliance, TCF, T&C, Senior Managers & Certification Regime, financial crime anti-money laundering, data security, anti-bribery, fraud and corruption, GDPR procedures of the firm at all times is imperative to the role.
Candidates must hold a Diploma in Financial Planning (Level 4) minimum and it is essential that you will already work within the Financial Sector with experience as a Training and Competency Officer at a minimum level to support existing requisite technical knowledge and qualification e.g. G60/AF3/AF with a preference for having worked within a wealth management firm.
In return they are offering a highly attractive overall package, a rare opportunity to join their management team and add value from the outset – able to see where your contributions make a difference. To discuss in the strictest of confidence please get in touch with Alison Curran as soon as possible, ideally sharing a cv.