Ward Based Assistant Practitioner
Band 4 (£27,598 - £30,019)
NHS HIGHLAND, Raigmore
- Full time
Posted 1 week ago, 9 Feb | Get your application in now before you miss out!
Closing date: Closing date not specified
job Ref: None
Full Job Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Ward Based Assistant Nursing Practitioners to join our team within the Acute Medicine Unit at Raigmore Hospital. We are looking for a motivated, caring and compassionate nurse who is able to work well under pressure, is keen to learn and develop and work within an acute environment. The Acute Medicine Unit covers an Acute Assessment Unit, Ambulatory Emergency Care and Medical High Dependency Unit.
The Acute Assessment Unit (Ward GA) admits acutely unwell patients direct from the community & Emergency Department. This is a fast paced and interesting environment to work within.
Candidates should have excellent care values and a strong sense of team spirit coupled with a sense of humour. Candidates should have enthusiasm to work, learn and develop yourself and colleagues within the exciting and challenging high-pressure environment.
Hours of work will be to meet the needs of the service and covering 24/7 period. Currently, and subject to change, the rota will be days/nights & weekends on 11.5-hour shifts pattern.
Ward Based Assistant Practitioners are required to have completed a relevant qualification at SCQF level 7-8 Examples of common qualifications: · Higher National Certificate/ Diploma (HNC/D) · Professional Development Award (PDA) at Level 8 Training will be provided. Must have a minimum standard grade pass (or equivalent) in English and two other national grade passes. Must have very good command of both written and spoken English and IT skills. Ideally have experience in an acute healthcare setting. This is an ideal area to gain acute medical and critical care experience and be supported to develop your clinical skills.
Informal Enquiries to:
Ward GA AMU
Pam Hodgson - Senior Nurse AMU - firstname.lastname@example.org
Katie Mackay - Senior Charge Nurse - Katie.email@example.com
Vicky Jamieson - Senior Charge Nurse - Victoria.firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: EXT 5446/6723
NHS Scotland is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce and eliminating unlawful discrimination. The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. To this end, NHS Scotland welcomes applications from all sections of society.
- You should apply for this post by completing the application process on Jobtrain.
- DO NOT upload a CV as this will not be used for short listing purposes
- Posts close at midnight on the indicated date
- For help to complete an application on Job Train please follow this link: https://www.careers.nhs.scot/how-to-apply/application-process/
- To view our accessibility statement, please follow this link: https://www.eess.nhs.scot/jobtrain-accessibility-statement/
- Please note that our correspondence method is by e-mail, therefore please ensure you enter your email address accurately
- Please check your e-mail regularly (including junk folders) and also your Jobtrain account for updates
- Please contact Jobtrain Candidate Support Hub - https://jobseekersupport.jobtrain.co.uk/support/home for advice and support with any system issues
- We recommend using the Internet Browser 'Google Chrome' or 'Microsoft Edge' when using Jobtrain
- Once you have submitted your application form you will be unable to make any amendments
- Some of our vacancies are for internal candidates only. If you are a member of staff, please ensure you update your Jobtrain profile to reflect that you are employed by NHS Highland
NHS Highland is geographically the largest of the 14 regional boards of NHS Scotland, covering an area of 12,500 square miles, across Highland and Argyll & Bute.
As a board we strive to ensure the environment is conducive to nurturing a positive culture, supported and delivered through our NHS and Social Care values.
Care and compassion
Dignity and respect
Openness, honesty and responsibility
Quality and teamwork